Christopher E. Celichowski
Christopher Celichowski represents clients in a variety of matters involving Minnesota workers’ compensation, subrogation, employer liability, general liability, dram shop, employment, and OSHA defense matters. A shareholder with the Firm since 1993, Mr. Celichowski heads O’Meara, Leer, Wagner & Kohl, P.A.'s Workers Compensation Section, one of the largest Workers Compensation practice groups in the state.
He began his career with the Firm in 1987 as a law clerk. Mr. Celichowski served as the Firm's managing shareholder from 1997-2000, 2004-2006, interim managing shareholder 2012, and again from 2017-2019. He lectures extensively on workers’ compensation, workers’ compensation subrogation, employer liability and dram shop law to a wide variety of audiences, including claims professionals, trade and industry groups and attorneys. He litigates cases in civil, appellate and administrative law courts. He lectures extensively and has prepared seminar materials for workers’ compensation, workers’ compensation subrogation, employer liability and dram shop audiences.
His peers have voted him a Minnesota "Super Lawyer" and "Rising Star" in Law and Politics magazine. In 2018 and 2019 he earned distinction among “Minnesota’s Best Lawyers”. His professional colleagues consistently give him an "AV" rating through the LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings signifying very high to pre-eminent legal ability and very high general standards. He lives with his wife, Bonnie Sons, in Shorewood, Minnesota.
- University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, 1984, summa cum laude, Chancellor’s Leadership Award, WSUC Scholar Athlete (UWSP)
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 1988, Dean’s List, Managing Editor - Journal of Law and Inequality and William O. Douglas Award for Excellence in Constitutional Law
- Minnesota, U.S. District Court - District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- International Society of Primerus Law Firms
- Johnson v. A Touch of Class Painting, slip. op. (WCCA July 23, 2018)
- Callaway v. McDonald’s Restaurants of MN, slip. op. (WCCA April 29, 2013)
- Raine v. Lil Rascals Daycare et al, slip op. (W.C.C.A. Feb. 7, 2010)
- Kahl v. Benton County et al, slip op. (W.C.C.A. May 26, 2009)
- Jensen v. Aqua Dynamics et al, slip op. (W.C.C.A. Sept. 12, 2006)
- Hugill v. Benton County, 64 W.C.D. 220 (W.C.C.A. 2004)
- Ruether v. State of Minn., Mankato State Univ., 455 N.W.2d 475, 477, 42 W.C.D. 1118, 1121 (Minn. 1990)